CSMBA Highlights & Important Information for the 2019-20 Regular Season
$3,550 on or before August 23, 2019
$3,650 on or before August 30, 2019
$3,750 on or before September 6, 2019
$3,850 after September 6
$100 extra for new team performance bond
- No change in FIBA rules for this season.
Key things to remember
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is Tuesday August 20, 2019 in the TransAlta Place auditorium. The address is 110 - 12th Avenue SW and the meeting begins at 7:00 pm.
- Fees are paid online (or by cheque at the AGM) and the team roster is submitted by spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will be sent to you after registration.
- New for this year - you need to provide each players Basketball Alberta membership number in the roster spreadsheet.
- Remember that if we need to drop teams, it will be based on who paid their fees first
- It is compulsory to attend the AGM to confirm with your Division Commissioner your team status as well as to receive the latest information from the executive.
- Every player must have the same colour and style of uniform with clearly visible numbers on the front and back and be reversible, or have a second set of uniforms. See more details below.
- We will have CSMBA uniforms and basketballs for sale at the AGM
- We would not have a league without an excellent relationship with our gyms. Make sure your teams keep the facility clean, treat staff with respect and start/leave on time.
- Each player must complete a waiver before playing in their first game.
- In order to help grow the Masters Division, any players aged 35 or older are eligible to also play in Masters.
- Discipline rules - 3 Technical or Unsportsmanlike fouls results in a one game suspension and $25 + GST fine when paid online - $30 if cash. Check our website for more details.
- Team captains should identify themselves to referees & scorekeepers before each game.
- Consider the player waiting list on our website if you need more players.
- For those teams who play at the Repsol Sport Centre, if players forget their pass, they may have to pay a facility access fee. We are not granted access to Respsol Sport Centre before 6:00 pm.
- We have had reports of players who forgot or lost their pass verbally abusing Repsol Sport Centre Staff. This behaviour will result in fines and suspensions.
- Note the “Make a Payment” pages on our website. They are to be used to pay for fines, jerseys and other items.
Important information on our website
- Gym expectations of CSMBA teams
- Forms including player waivers
- Make a Payment
- Each team player must wear the same colour of uniform with player number on the front and back. Numbers must be large enough to be easily seen by the scorekeeper. Front numbers must be at least 6” and back are to be at least 8”.
- Uniforms need to be reversible, or teams can elect to have two sets of colours
- Duplicate player numbers are not permitted in any game.
- Teams will be allowed one player without an official team uniform but it must be the team colour.
- After allowing one player without an official uniform, any other players without an official team uniform will be permitted but the team or player will be subject to a fine.
- To the executive for their service on our behalf this past year
- To TransAlta for allowing us to use their auditorium
- To Team Representatives for the work they do for their team
CSMBA Team Representative Responsibilities 2019-20
I understand that as a CSMBA Team Representative, my responsibilities are to:
- Encourage the spirit of fair play and respect for the game. Players to treat opponents, referees, scorekeepers, guests and facility staff with courtesy and respect.
- Monitor the league website at www.csmba.ca to be aware of league notices as well as league and playoff game details.
- Ensure each team player is registered and completes & signs a prescribed league waiver before playing in any game. The player roster will be maintained through to December 1 when changes are no longer allowed
- Present to the scorekeeper a paper copy confirming online registration if a player is added to the roster less than 24 hours before a game. Otherwise the player will not be eligible for play that game.
- Ensure team players are aware of CSMBA rules, regulations and discipline guidelines as posted on our website www.csmba.ca.
- Ensure team players wear uniforms as per CSMBA requirements. Teams ordering new uniforms to have them in place by no later than Thanksgiving.
- Inform team members that once registered with a team, he may not play with any other team in any other division for that season (other than Masters Division).
- Where games are played in facilities that require players to have a facility pass (Repsol Sport Centre) ensure all players have a pass to enter the gym.
- Notify players of any fines or suspensions and ensure that any and all fines are paid online and suspensions are served. If fines are paid less than 24 hours before a game, a printout confirming so to be presented to the scorekeeper. Otherwise the player will not be eligible for play that game.
- Inform team that unacceptable behaviour by individual players, the team and/or its guests either on or off the court will result in fines and suspensions to the team.
- Ensure my team is prepared to score or time a game in the event that the assigned scorekeeper is unable to attend our game. At least one member of my team to have extra score sheets available at each game (copies available at www.csmba.ca). Results are to be reported to my email@example.com within 24 hours.
- Ensure those in playoff games have played at least 10 regular season games.
- Ensure that the official team representative is identified to the referees & scorekeeper before the game begins. He is the only person that can ask questions of the referees.
- Let players know they may be asked to present photo identification to a league representative to confirm identity and age (age needed for Masters Division).
Gym Facilities Expectations 2019-20
The relationship we have with our gyms is critical to the ongoing success and growth of CSMBA. There is no league without gyms.
All teams will follow the expectations outlined below to ensure we maintain a strong, positive relationship with our gyms.
- Facility staff and equipment are to be treated with courtesy and respect. As we compete for gym time with other sport groups, we need to be considered ideal renters.
- Players and guests to clean up after themselves and others - pick up all bottles, paper towels, litter, tape in the lobby, gym and change rooms. We need to leave the place as clean or cleaner than we found it when we leave.
- Officially, players are not to begin warm-up or games until the official start time of our booking. Facilities that allow us to begin before that time do so at their discretion.
- Teams will leave the facility or gym by no later than the end of the permit time.
- Most permit times are generally 3 hours in length. As an example, games that start at 7:35 mean the gym was booked beginning at 7:30.
- Players and guests to stay in gym area only. No loitering or wandering around other parts of the facility.
- Drinking water only in gym. No food or other drink in the gym.
- Note for Repsol Sport Centre - players must have a pass to get in and access is for gym only. The earliest we can access the facility is 6:00 pm. Players (or their guests) found using any other section of the facility such as weight or exercise equipment may be banned from the centre and our league.
- Water spilled on gym floor or around water fountains to be wiped up.
- When it is wet or snowing, remove wet shoes at entrance to building.
- Players shoes must not be harmful to the floor (non-marking soles)