AGM and Other Important Information for the 2023-24 Regular Season
Annual General Meeting (AGM) is Tuesday August 22, 2023 at 7:00 pm.
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/yuo-rgpq-faq?hs=224
Agenda items are:
- Introductions - Reagan Wood (ABA) and CSMBA Executive
- CBOA Update
- Website Review - Regulations, General Information, Make A Payment, Waiting List, Financial Statements
- Registration process review
- Gym update - CCS no longer a basketball venue
- Items for sale - Uniforms and Basketballs
- Discussion re Non-standard uniforms
- Reminder re waiting list
- Consideration of Final Target Score as used by CEBL
- ABA update
- Divisions break into separate meetings with your Commissioner
Key things to remember
- It is compulsory for at least one member of each team to attend the AGM to confirm with your Division Commissioner your team status as well as to receive the latest information from the executive.
- Team fees paid after August 27 are subject to late fees - payable through Make A Payment.
- The team fee is $3,925 if paid on or before August 27. The increase is primarily due to increases for referees and gyms. We budget to break even.
- Fully paid team fees are due as follows:
- $3,925 on or before August 27
- $4,000 on or before September 1
- $4,100 on or before September 8
- $4,200 after September 8
- $100 extra for new team performance bond (made thru Make A Payment)
- No change in FIBA rules for this season.
- Remember that if we need to drop teams, it will be based on fees paid first
- Every player must have the same colour and style of uniform with clearly visible numbers on the front and back and be reversible or have a second set of uniforms. See more details below.
- We have CSMBA uniforms and basketballs for sale - contact Therese Murray at Discipline@csmba.ca
- We would not have a league without an excellent relationship with our gyms. Make sure your teams keep the facility clean, treat staff with respect and start/leave on time.
- In order to help grow the Masters Division, any players aged 35 or older in Divisions A through J are eligible to also play in Masters, so long as their games do not conflict.
- Discipline rules - 3 Technical or Unsportsmanlike fouls results in a one game suspension and $25 + GST fine when paid online - $30 if cash. Check our website for more details.
- Team captains should identify themselves to referees & scorekeepers before each game.
- Consider the player waiting list on our website if you need more players. These guys are keen to contribute to your team.
- For those teams who play at the MNP Sport Centre, if you forget your pass, you may have to pay a facility access fee. We are not granted access to MNP Sport Centre before 6:00 pm.
- In previous seasons, we had reports of players who forgot or lost their pass verbally abusing MNP Sport Centre Staff. This behaviour will result in fines and suspensions.
- Note the “Make a Payment” page on our website. It is used to pay for fines, uniforms, basketballs and other items.
- Each team player must wear the same colour of uniform with player number on the front and back. Numbers must be large enough to be easily seen by the scorekeeper. Front numbers must be at least 6” and back are to be at least 8”.
- Uniforms need to be reversible, or teams can elect to have two sets
- Duplicate player numbers are not permitted in any game.
- Teams with players that do not have an official team uniform may be subject to discipline including loss of points, providing points to the opposing team and automatic default of the game.
- To the executive for their service on our behalf this past year
- To Basketball Alberta for operating our virtual AGM
- To Team Representatives for the work they do for their team
CSMBA Team Representative Responsibilities 2023-24
I understand that as a CSMBA Team Representative, my responsibilities are to:
- Encourage the spirit of fair play and respect for the game. Players to treat opponents, referees, scorekeepers, guests and facility staff with courtesy and respect.
- Monitor the league website at csmba.ca to be aware of league notices as well as league and playoff game details.
- Ensure each team player is registered through the RAMP Registration website before playing in any game. The player roster will be maintained through to November 30 when changes are no longer allowed
- Present to the scorekeeper a confirmation of online registration if a player is added to the roster less than 24 hours before a game. Otherwise the player is not eligible for play that game.
- Ensure team players are aware of CSMBA rules, regulations and discipline guidelines as posted on our website csmba.ca.
- Ensure team players wear uniforms as per CSMBA requirements effective with the first game played.
- Inform team members that once registered with a team, he may not play with any other team in any other division for that season (other than Masters Division).
- Where games are played in facilities that require players to have a facility pass (MNP Centre) ensure all players have a pass to enter the gym.
- Notify players of any fines or suspensions and ensure that any and all fines are paid online and suspensions are served. If fines are paid less than 24 hours before a game, a printout confirming so to be presented to the scorekeeper. Otherwise the player will not be eligible for play that game.
- Inform team that unacceptable behaviour by individual players, the team and/or its guests either on or off the court will result in fines and suspensions to the team.
- Ensure my team is prepared to score or time a game in the event that the assigned scorekeeper is unable to attend our game. At least one member of my team to haves extra score sheets available at each game (copies available at csmba.ca). Results are to be reported to my firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours.
- Ensure those in playoff games have played at least 10 regular season games.
- Ensure that the official team representative is identified to the referees & scorekeeper before the game begins. He is the only person that can ask questions of the referees.
- Let players know they may be asked to present photo identification to a league representative to confirm identity and age (age needed for Masters Division).
Gym Facilities Expectations
The relationship we have with our gyms is critical to the ongoing success and growth of CSMBA. There is no league without gyms.
All teams will follow the expectations outlined below to ensure we maintain a strong, positive relationship with our gyms.
- Facility staff and equipment are to be treated with courtesy and respect. As we compete with other sport groups, we need to be considered ideal renters.
- Players and guests to clean up after themselves and others - pick up all bottles, paper towels, litter, tape in the lobby, gym and change rooms. We need to leave the place as clean or cleaner than we found it when we leave.
- Officially, players are not to begin warm-up or games until the official start time of our booking. Facilities that allow us to begin before that time do so at their discretion.
- Teams will leave the facility or gym by no later than the end of the permit time.
- Most permit times are generally 3 hours in length. As an example, games that start at 7:35 mean the gym was booked beginning at 7:30 and ending at 10:30.
- Players and guests to stay in gym area only. No loitering or wandering around other parts of the facility.
- Drinking water only in gym. No food or other drink in the gym.
- Note for MNP Sport Centre - players must have a pass to get in and access is for gym only. The earliest we can access the facility is 6:00 pm. Players (or their guests) found using any other section of the facility such as weight or exercise equipment may be banned from the Centre and our league. We have recently seen that MNP will issue suspensions for disrespectful behaviour to other players, scorekeepers, officials and MNP Centre staff.
- Water spilled on gym floor or around water fountains to be wiped up.
- When it is wet or snowing, remove wet shoes at entrance to building.
- Players shoes must not be harmful to the floor (non-marking soles)